Message: Advent Conspiracy 2023
Speaker: Greg Holder
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
1. "Advent" means the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event. It's something to look forward to. What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?
2. What is the most meaningful gift you've ever received? What made it meaningful?
3. Have you ever tried out any of the Advent Conspiracy strategies? How did it go?
1. Think about the 4 tenants of Advent Conspiracy: Worship Fully, Give More, Spend Less, and Love All. Which of these is easiest for you to practice? Which is most difficult? Why?
2. What do you think you could do in order to be more present this holiday season?
3. What is one relational gift you could give to a loved one this holiday season? Tip: visit Thecrossing.church/AC or Adventconspiracy.com/resources for some ideas!
1. Read Matthew 25:40 together. Who are the "least of these" in your life? How do you think we can respond to this instruction from Jesus as we head into the holiday season?
2. Let's consider doing something together to "Love All" this Christmas. An easy way to do that would be to go to the Artisan Market together on December 1st!